September 26, 2018  
   Login  
Forum  

ForumForumEnesys RS Data ...Enesys RS Data ...Support - RS Da...Support - RS Da...Report Error with Integrated SSRSReport Error with Integrated SSRS
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 1/18/2008 6:48 AM

I'm using SSRS in Integrated mode with MOSS 2007. I have a report that works fine when run from Visual Studio, but when I deploy it to the SharePoint server, it fails to run. The error returned is:

• An error has occurred during report processing.
    • For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors
New Post
 1/18/2008 7:26 AM

I went back and rechecked the data source. My server setting was missing. After putting it in (again), I get another error:

An error has occurred during report processing.

• Cannot create command for data source 'MyGDOT'.

Here is the info from the logs:

w3wp!chunks!7!01/18/2008-02:06:08:: v VERBOSE: ### ChunkReadStream.Close() - closing... id=9e86c5d7-63a8-45c0-9cf8-6b0490b41a86, name='CompiledDefinition'
w3wp!library!7!01/18/2008-02:06:08:: v VERBOSE: Transaction commit.
w3wp!chunks!7!01/18/2008-02:06:08:: v VERBOSE: ### ChunkReadStream - Closed! id=9e86c5d7-63a8-45c0-9cf8-6b0490b41a86, name='CompiledDefinition'
w3wp!processing!7!01/18/2008-02:06:08:: v VERBOSE: One Pass Processing? No
w3wp!processing!7!1/18/2008-02:06:08:: v VERBOSE: Abort handler registered.
w3wp!processing!7!1/18/2008-02:06:08:: v VERBOSE: Thread has started processing data source 'MyGDOT'
w3wp!processing!7!1/18/2008-02:06:08:: v VERBOSE: Data source 'MyGDOT': Transaction = False, MergeTran = False, NumDataSets = 1
w3wp!processing!7!1/18/2008-02:06:08:: v VERBOSE: A connection object for the ERSDE data source has been created.
w3wp!processing!7!1/18/2008-02:06:08:: v VERBOSE: Data source 'MyGDOT': Created a connection.
w3wp!processing!7!1/18/2008-02:06:08:: v VERBOSE: Thread has started processing data set 'GDOTOffices'
w3wp!processing!7!1/18/2008-02:06:08:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Cannot create command for data source 'MyGDOT'., ;
 Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Cannot create command for data source 'MyGDOT'. ---> System.Security.SecurityException: Requested registry access is not allowed.
   at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable)
   at ...ctor(String , Boolean )
   at ..ž()
   at Enesys.ReportingServices.Ersde.ErsdeConnection.CreateCommand()
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RuntimeDataSetNode.RunDataSetQuery()
The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
MyComputer
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
w3wp!processing!7!1/18/2008-02:06:08:: e ERROR: An exception has occurred in data source 'GDOTOffices'. Details: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Cannot create command for data source 'MyGDOT'. ---> System.Security.SecurityException: Requested registry access is not allowed.
w3wp!processing!7!1/18/2008-02:06:08:: v VERBOSE: An exception has occurred. Trying to abort processing. Details: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Cannot create command for data source 'MyGDOT'. ---> System.Security.SecurityException: Requested registry access is not allowed.
w3wp!processing!7!1/18/2008-02:06:08:: i INFO: Merge abort handler called for ID=-1. Aborting data sources ...
w3wp!processing!7!1/18/2008-02:06:08:: v VERBOSE: Data source 'MyGDOT': Abort handler called. CanAbort = True.
w3wp!processing!7!1/18/2008-02:06:08:: v VERBOSE: Abort callback successful.
w3wp!processing!7!1/18/2008-02:06:08:: v VERBOSE: Processing of data set 'GDOTOffices' completed.
w3wp!processing!7!1/18/2008-02:06:08:: v VERBOSE: Data source 'MyGDOT': Processing of all data sets completed.
w3wp!processing!7!1/18/2008-02:06:08:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: An error has occurred during report processing., ;
 Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: An error has occurred during report processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Cannot create command for data source 'MyGDOT'. ---> System.Security.SecurityException: Requested registry access is not allowed.
w3wp!processing!7!1/18/2008-02:06:08:: w WARN: Data source 'MyGDOT': Report processing has been aborted.
w3wp!processing!7!1/18/2008-02:06:08:: v VERBOSE: Processing of data source 'MyGDOT' completed.
w3wp!processing!7!1/18/2008-02:06:08:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: An error has occurred during report processing., ;
 Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: An error has occurred during report processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Cannot create command for data source 'MyGDOT'. ---> System.Security.SecurityException: Requested registry access is not allowed.
w3wp!chunks!7!01/18/2008-02:06:08:: v VERBOSE: ### ID=ceda00e0-0cfe-4ef3-b885-85e5b10cc565, Length=0, CompressedLength=0, TimeCompressing=0, TimeUncompressing=0, Ratio=0, Buffering=0, Permanent=False
w3wp!library!7!01/18/2008-02:06:08:: v VERBOSE: Transaction rollback.
w3wp!webserver!7!01/18/2008-02:06:08:: e ERROR: Reporting Services error Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.RSException: An error has occurred during report processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: An error has occurred during report processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Cannot create command for data source 'MyGDOT'. ---> System.Security.SecurityException: Requested registry access is not allowed.

New Post
 1/18/2008 12:46 PM

Hi,

Can you confirm that eveything looks fine when you select "Manage Data Source" from the contexual menu associated with your reports in the SharePoind documnet library?

Can you confirm that when you edit the data source definition on your SharePoint server that you are able to see "Enesys SharePoint Data Extension" in the list of available Data Source Type.

Regards,

Frederic LATOUR
ENESYS
New Post
 1/18/2008 3:54 PM

Hello:

Yes, I can confirm that the Data Source information looks correct. When I click the Manage Data Sources option for the report, I see that the Shared Data Source named MyGDOT is selected and does not have the warning indicator. It looks good. When I click onto the MyGDOT data source, it shows the shared data source connection type and the data source link is correctly pointing to the MyGDOT.rsds file.

When I open up the MyGDOT data source, I do see the Enesys SharePoint Data Extension in the Data Source Type drop down. It is the selected source type. The connection string is server=http://mygdot and the credentials are set to Windows Authentication (Integrated).

Just a note: This SharePoint farm is 64-bit (same with SSRS) and is running with multiple, load balanced WFE servers. And, everything is configured for Kerberos authentication.

New Post
 1/18/2008 4:07 PM

Hi,

I had not checked well enough the log entries you provided with me. Sorry for that.

It looks like it can't access the registry which is needed by the evaluation monitoring subsystem as explained in the following KB:

Info: Error - Requested registry access is not allowed.

Fortunately, we are able to provide an evaluation key to overcome this limitation.

Would you mind sending an email to our support address (available in the documentation) for requesting an evaluation key?

Regards,

Frederic LATOUR
ENESYS
New Post
 1/18/2008 5:18 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I got my key and have solved that problem. But, I have another now. It seems that my SharePoint list can't be found when I run the report. The error log says:

w3wp!processing!d!1/18/2008-11:56:00:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: An error has occurred during report processing., ;
 Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: An error has occurred during report processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Query execution failed for data set 'GDOTOffices'. ---> Enesys.SharePoint.Query.SpListNotFoundException: The list GDOT Offices could not be found in the site http://mygdot/

The list is at:

http://mygdot/List/GDOT%20Offices

Here's my XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<root>
 <list title="GDOT Offices" relativeSiteUrl="/" folder="/" tableName="Folders">
  <fields>Title, GDOTOfficePhone</fields>
  <query>
  </query>
 </list>
</root>

Do you see anything wrong? The report runs fine from Visual Studio preview tab.

Jeff

New Post
 1/18/2008 9:24 PM

As a test, could you specify a shared data source using stored credentials (with the necessary permissions for accessing sharepoint lists) to check if it may be related to a windows integrated security credentials problem.

Frederic LATOUR
ENESYS
New Post
 1/19/2008 1:10 AM

Hi:

I gave that a try but the error did not change. I even changed the query to use the listID but still have the problem. I've even tried another list in the root of my site. Same error...

w3wp!processing!9!1/18/2008-19:54:17:: v VERBOSE: Abort handler registered.
w3wp!processing!9!1/18/2008-19:54:17:: v VERBOSE: Thread has started processing data source 'MyGDOT'
w3wp!processing!9!1/18/2008-19:54:17:: v VERBOSE: Data source 'MyGDOT': Transaction = False, MergeTran = False, NumDataSets = 1
w3wp!processing!9!1/18/2008-19:54:17:: v VERBOSE: A connection object for the ERSDE data source has been created.
w3wp!processing!9!1/18/2008-19:54:17:: v VERBOSE: Data source 'MyGDOT': Created a connection.
w3wp!processing!9!1/18/2008-19:54:17:: v VERBOSE: Thread has started processing data set 'MyApps'
w3wp!processing!9!1/18/2008-19:54:38:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Query execution failed for data set 'MyApps'., ;
 Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Query execution failed for data set 'MyApps'. ---> SpListNotFoundException: The list 60BADC82-81B0-4154-ACA9-4A31ADEDECAD could not be found in the site http://mygdot/ _listName = 60BADC82-81B0-4154-ACA9-4A31ADEDECAD _webName = http://mygdot/
   at .‘.()
   at .‘.(XmlNode ,  ,  )
   at ..™(Boolean )
   at Enesys.ReportingServices.Ersde.ErsdeCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RuntimeDataSetNode.RunDataSetQuery()

New Post
 1/20/2008 3:06 PM

Obviously, if you can run the report from Report Designer, the list and site actually exist.

You will receive a StListNotFoundException, when it is not possible to get information about the list through SharePoint's GetList web service (whatever the reason).

Here is a link to a ready made report file that uses Reporting Services provided XML datasource type to query SharePoint Query GetList web service: GetListUsingXmlDataSource.zip.

Once you have downloaded and unzipped the file, add GetListUsingXmlDataSource.rdl into one of your report solution:

• Modify the embedded datasource connection string ( currently http://V2K3-SPS-01/sites/demo/_vti_bin/Lists.asmx) so that it points to your own sharepoint web services (http://mygdot/_vti_bin/Lists.asmx).
  • Ensure the datasource credentials are set to use Windows authentication.
  • Modify the Dataset listName Parameter and set the value to your own list title.
  • Run the query in the dataview to check it works correctly.

From now, build a very simplistic layout. Ensure it works in the Preview view and deploy the report on your report server.

Run the report from your server and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Frederic LATOUR
ENESYS
New Post
 1/21/2008 9:57 PM

Thanks for your help.

I created the new report with the embedded data source from the GetList service. It runs correctly in the Visual Studio Preview. So, I deployed it to the server and executed it. Unfortunately, it failed. The error message returned was:

An error has occurred during report processing.

• Query execution failed for data set 'GetList'.
    • Failed to prepare web request for the specified URL.

The excerpt from the SSRS log is:

w3wp!processing!9!1/21/2008-16:15:39:: v VERBOSE: Thread has started processing data source 'xmlDataSource'
w3wp!processing!9!1/21/2008-16:15:39:: v VERBOSE: Data source 'xmlDataSource': Transaction = False, MergeTran = False, NumDataSets = 1
w3wp!processing!9!1/21/2008-16:15:40:: v VERBOSE: A connection object for the XML data source has been created.
w3wp!processing!9!1/21/2008-16:15:40:: v VERBOSE: Data source 'xmlDataSource': Created a connection.
w3wp!processing!9!1/21/2008-16:15:40:: v VERBOSE: Thread has started processing data set 'GetList'
w3wp!dataextension!9!1/21/2008-16:16:01:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.XmlDP.XmlDPException: Failed to prepare web request for the specified URL., ;
 Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.XmlDP.XmlDPException: Failed to prepare web request for the specified URL. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 143.100.105.54:80
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.XmlDP.WebRequestHelper.SetHttpPostRequestContent(HttpWebRequest request, Byte[] content, String contentType)
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.XmlDP.WebRequestHelper.PrepareSoapCall(String url, Int32 timeOut, SOAPMethodInfo soapMethodInfo, SOAPActionInfo soapActionInfo, ICredentials credentials, ParameterCollection parameters, GetSoapHeaderDelegate getSoapHeaderDelegate)
w3wp!processing!9!1/21/2008-16:16:01:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Query execution failed for data set 'GetList'., ;
 Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Query execution failed for data set 'GetList'. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.XmlDP.XmlDPException: Failed to prepare web request for the specified URL. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 143.100.105.54:80

As I mentioned before, this MOSS farm consist of multiple Web Front End servers that sit behind a hardware load balancer. The URL to the site resolves to the load balancer. On the SSRS server, I created a host entry pointing the MyGDOT URL to one of the WFEs, bypassing the load balancer. When I run the deployed reports now, they all work! So, it seems the problem was due to the routing through the load balancer. Is there a reason why the web service calls have problems being load balanced? The problem with my solution will crop up whenever the specified WFE goes offline. It would be better if this would work with load balancing. But, at least it is working now!

New Post
 1/22/2008 9:19 PM

Hi,

Obviously you can't hit SharePoint web services from your report server when going through your load balancer.

What seems strange to me is that you are able to get reports working within the report designer? Are you going through the load balancer in that case as well? Are you able to access web services either by entering the url (http://mygdot/_vti_bin/lists.asmx) directly into your browser. More generally speaking, can't you contact SharePoint web services only from your report server or overall on your network.

I don't have any experience with load balancers but isn't there any kind of configuration necessary for being able to access _vti_bin url?

Please let us know if you find a solution.

Regards,

Frederic LATOUR
ENESYS
Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumEnesys RS Data ...Enesys RS Data ...Support - RS Da...Support - RS Da...Report Error with Integrated SSRSReport Error with Integrated SSRS

You need to login for posting to the forums.
If you don't have a login, click here to register.
You need to login for posting to the forums.
If you don't have a login, click here to register.

Copyright 2010 Enesys - All rights reserved Terms Of UsePrivacy Statement